Thursday, May 13, 2010

Eyes Not Sold regroups

It's been eight or nine days since a post here. Everything was getting too serious and too critical. I was serious and had plenty to criticize but stepping back and looking at the last few months writing about the financial "reform" bill, it was becoming too intense. I did think that my "sample sale" piece was lighter and just making an economic point, but the last three were just all angry. Time to take a break.

First thing I'll do is make brief comments on those three in the order of most recently published. On the first,Bloomberg is the best financial news network there is and Tom Keene is one of the most esteemed financial commentators in my opinion. I have never been a fan of Bove, not at all, but somehow he has found away to get his mug on television while working from Lutz, Florida, something he could only rarely do when he worked from New York, so I guess good for him. On the second, no major change of the overall point but instead of "corrupt bureaucrats" in sentence one try "entrenched, rigid, and at times corrupt bureaucrats who more often than not seem to enjoy showing what power they have in petty and unconstructive ways". For the third, "Scapegoating Goldman" the modification would be in the last sentence, change the word "raise" to "raise the appearance of".

With that taken care of what do I write about now. The national news networks solve the problem, in this era of intense serious issues all over the world, by taking the last quarter of their 30 minute newcasts for happy human interest stories, elderly man gets hole in one at 101 or 7 year girl with some terrible disease sings the National Anthem at a ball game. Maybe I should go to the local humane society and write about sad dogs. Can't do it, because I can't and because I might come home with one and that would definitely not work here.

Here's some good news from this afternoon. To quote Bloomberg, "Bernanke today said that the Senate's proposal to separate commercial banks from their swaps trading desks would weaken both financial stability and the regulation of derivatives activities." Maybe this will relieve me of beating that drum every other day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home