Saturday, March 16, 2013

A paraphrase - one out of two ain't bad

Last night's Big East tournament had mixed results here.  My beloved undergraduate Georgetown lost in overtime to its major rival Syracuse, a team that thay had trounced just two weeks ago.  Syracuse could seemingly not miss a three pointer.  On the plus side my other favorite Louisville handled Notre Dame, a team that they had lost to in five overtimes last month.  Having lived in Louisville in the '70's during the Doctors of Dunk era, my affection for the team lasts despite some ambivalence about the coach.

Rarely watching college basketball during the regular season, these games that I cared about exhausted me, and I slept soundly for once.  Louisville and Syracuse play tonight for the Big East title.  Should be interesting as Syracuse has some giants in the middle and Louisville is one of the rare top teams with no dominant big men.  The doritos, chips, and guacomole are already stocked.
There is no safe cure for the anxiety, except for the realization that in the greater scheme of things this is just entertainment and not so important. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home