Monday, November 09, 2009

A health care folk song

YOU GOT THOSE FOR PROFIT HOSPITAL BLUES

Medicine's a business just like everything else

Doing good for others, don't kid yourself

There's what people think, there's what we know

We save some lives and the shareholder's dough

Now we work for our patients all over the land

But in the end their outcome is in God's hands

Keep costs down, keep employees in line

Focus on getting the patients last dime

Now that's what I call a business plan

Taking one last test on a dying man.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Susan said...

So true. Is this a real song?

9:13 AM  
Blogger John Borden said...

It's a real song because I wrote it. It was the week when I was stuck with the challenging decision of whether to leave my father being tortured in the hospital or move him into a hospice peaceful death. At the time I had a country and western tune in my mind that was attached to it, but don't recall it at the moment. Thanks for the comment, John

1:35 PM  

<< Home