Sunday, March 17, 2013

Louisville wins, with startling second half

As a fan, I have a tendency to approach watching big games with a combination of hope and pessimism.  The  first half of the Louisville Syracuse Big East title game confirmed the latter.  Syracuse picked up the same pace they had during the tournament, three pointers galore and  glowing confidence.  Louisville looked lethargic and tentative, maybe trying too hard to win this game for their New York City native coach.

Late in the first half I turned the sound off and began reading a book that I was enjoying, only looking up occasionally to see if anything had changed.  I even dozed off for a few minutes during the halftime "analysis", having seen and heard too much. 

With 12 minutes left in the game, I looked up, the book was closed, and the sound was on.  Louisville was playing the real Louisville hyper-aggressive "havoc" basketball.  Syracuse had spent its moxie in the first half and was flummoxed.  As any sports fan knows, Louisville turned a 16 point deficit with 16 minutes left in the game into a 17 point win. 

Speaking of the "havoc" style of basketball(reminded to me by a friend), I was pleased to see that VCU is still in the hunt, today for the Atlantic 10 title.  Not much of a follower of bball during the regular season, I had no idea until reading the sports section that their season was back in stride.  We're behind them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home