Monday, March 10, 2014

Why not a Ghibli

"We have prepared, now strike".  That's the advertisement for the Maserati Ghibli that came in the mail today.  It certainly looks like a nice car.  All wheel drive and completely dressed out it retails for supposedly $77,000, lots of money   Zero to sixty at 4.7 seconds.  Just what I need.  Just what I don't need, but it does give me pause. 

We have too many cars already.  One that is 13 years old that I am fixated on, a Mercedes of quality that just doesn't go away.  It is like a rock.  Repairs, however infrequent, can cost a fortune.  Then there is one car, a small BMW that has multiple dents from a 3 tenure in St. Louis and that drives like a rocket if driven well, but it is eight years old and deemed to be the car of one of my daughter's, driven when she chooses to require from it from her Brooklyn perch.  It too requires expensive repairs from time to time.  German cars are that way.  And then we have a two year old entry level Lexus which younger daughter has adopted as the only car that she will drive, but she is away in China and India, hopefully returning alive and well in July wanting "her"car.

It may sound sort of stupid to maintain these two older cars but what could they be sold for at their age  --- $1000 to $5000 maybe.  There's one other consideration.  I like them.

So we obviously have too many cars, ones that need inspection stickers and verification certificates, that seem to be constantly required.  It's amazing how time now flies on this stuff. 

Yeah, the Maserati looks wonderful to me.  Is there such a thing as an old life crisis.  Just in my dreams as I think about the potential costs of those golden years

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home