Friday, November 10, 2006

Remembering Ed Bradley

It was shocking to hear that Ed Bradley died yesterday. He was just 65. He was on Sixty Minutes a few weeks ago with an interview. The news program reviews of his life and his path to recognition are inspiring. His apparent ability to have independent opinions in a newsworld that increasingly seems to be becoming one of celebrity clones almost invokes nostalgia. My only personal memories are those of seeing Bradley around the racetrack field of Jazzfest, most memorably when he came on the stage and joined in with vocals and dance as Junior Wells, Buddy Guy, and Johnny Winter closed out a set.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Borden said...

I remember that as well, which makes me wonder if I'm confused, or if I am actually remembering a separate event. Now I don't know.

And I don't think the Buffett's are related but that doesn't rule out the possibility of the Oracle of Omaha being a closet Parrothead.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home