Sunday, January 28, 2007

"Dirty Pretty Things"

"Dirty Pretty Things" is a film that I picked up at my local library today. Whatever I expected from the title I got much more. When you get the unexpected treat it seems sensational, so I don't really know how good this film is. For those with great local libraries, a good video store, or a NetFlix subscription this is one that should be at the top of your list.

It's a BBC film that seems to have no major awards or notices, except for the usual "two thumbs up" from Ebert and Roper and positive comments by Rex Reed and Rolling Stone on the DVD cover. The story of a Turk and a Nigerian and their lives as illegal immigrants in London, and the sinister world they discover, is mesmerizing. It's a well made film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home