Friday, January 16, 2009

Hometown

Here in my hometown I see once again this nuance of exchanges that is real but hard to explain. Why does a certain intonation or downbeat end to a sentence make me laugh. Maybe because it is my hometown.

My one favorite sandwich shop in this economically troubled town is closing next week. It was always unusual, a Korean wireless spot with sushi and healthy food, totally unheard of, and now to be extinct. It's across the street from the Nancy Langhorne house, the woman who became the famous Lady Astor and the home of her sister who was the "Gibson Girl", a model of some renown in the '40's.

Off to get a breakfast of whatever the sandwich shop offers as it closes.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Borden said...

Who remembers this now? Me.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home