Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Getting older

It happens.  Everyone gets older.  Some thrive. Many do  not.   I am at that threshold.  Some of my friends or people that I have known seemed to have crossed it successfully, I mean they come across like no change. Me, maybe a shy person in some ways, almost always Southern polite, but I have not led a shy life.  I have enjoyed almost everything, almost everywhere.  

I don't think that I am unique, maybe I speak for many, but, damn, I can't play tennis or basketball anymore.  My legs and knees have not quite worked  for the past 2 years.  At almost 64 many people may call me lucky,  but it is a darn change, and sometime involves a semblance of pain.

I still write, read, and still think that there is a next level to my life, but at this time as I write this blog, I am a little down on this beautiful spring day.  I thought canes came in at 70 or 80 but now I am thinking about that great place, a venerable cane and umbrella store on Oxford Street near the intersection with Regent Street that would make my casual dress look acceptable with a bit of unexpected style. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home