Friday, November 29, 2019

Timely real world observations...

An advertisement shown during yesterday's NFL game had Cardy B endorsing Pepsi.  Health food I guess, beverage for the masses.  She points out that not only do you get that great soda, but also on every can there are numbers that can be checked on the internet for cash prizes.  According to Ms. B, cash is the only gift worth receiving during this holiday season.  So let me get this straight.  Pepsi cans are Lotto tickets?  Now that's a winner.  Somehow I don't think Michael Bloomberg would approve.

The halftime show, a Dallas tradition that could be compared to the Super Bowl, had the English pop singer Ellie Goulding singing in a slightly twangy Nashville style voice and wearing a bizarre hat that concealed her face much of the time.  Social media pounced on that, and she will be immortalized for wearing a lampshade.  She was surrounded on a multi-level stage by more Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders than anyone knew existed, no doubt spawned especially for this easy on the eyes extravaganza.

Currently the Bad Boy Mowers Battle of the Atlantis in Nassau is a college basketball event.  Any company with the dough can sponsor anything.  Living in New York, I would never have known about Bad Boy Mowers without this tournament.  No problem now.  I wonder if they are faster than the one George Jones rode on the country highways for his shopping trips?

Would I refer to the President as a putz face?  Would I call the Vice President a bootlick?  Would I call Hannity a blockhead?  Would googly eyes be a reference to Treasury Secretary Mnuchin?  Would Elaine Chow be called, no, not even going there.  Hey, I would do none of that!  I was President of the National Honor Society in High School and none of those slurs would be presidential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home